How to Understand Your Company’s Purpose
The power of purpose can make all the difference in attracting and retaining top talent. Companies like Apple, Google and Airbnb know this very well.
In today’s episode, we’ll find out how to uncover and articulate a purpose that could improve your employer brand. We’re with Markus Kramer, who has worked with Harley-Davidson, Aston Martin, Luxury Goods, Financial Services Firms, Technology brands, NOGs, startups and many more.
He is also a Visiting Professor in Strategic Brand Management at Cass Business School London and holds degrees from the University of California, Oxford, MIT and speaks regularly at select conferences and business schools around the world.
Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why purpose is important in employer branding, and why it is really starting to make a difference in your business.
- What the key benefits are to knowing your purpose as a company.
- What Markus’s step-by-step guide is to constructing your purpose, from your vision to the strategy.
- Who whos the purpose of the business, and where it should start.
- Why Google, Airbnb and Apple’s purpose statements are the best examples of a purpose statement that is 5 words or less and helps people understand the deeper values of the brand.
- What mistakes Markus commonly sees people when constructing their purpose statement.
- The 5 key metrics you can use to measure your purpose, from NPS to EBIT.