We are a specialist Insurance recruiter, currently recruiting for a Business Account Manager to join a leading Insurance company based in Yorkshire.
In this role, you will maintain and develop business relationships on a panel of strategic Account intermediaries to exceed sales targets. In addition, develop and grow profitable relationships with intermediaries through sales and business consultancy, predominantly via the telephone, along with face-to-face visits where appropriate, to support our client’s overall Intermediary Group Distribution strategy.
• Create, develop and manage relationships remotely with key intermediaries to promote our client’s Intermediary Group and drive protection sales
• Demonstrate an understanding of how the intermediary business works: their current position, future aspirations and how our client’s Intermediary Group can partner with them to make life easier.
• Promote our client’s Intermediary proposition predominantly using remote distribution methods
• Understand responsibilities associated with FSA membership (including TCF), and how this affects our client’s Intermediary Group and intermediaries.
• Be at the leading edge of understanding the marketplace and industry developments when dealing with distributors. Understand the RDR and the impact this is having for intermediaries as they deal with both clients and providers to help develop their business.
• Operate an effective Client Management system and a robust sales process
• Operates within CDF scheme
• Improve and update product and market knowledge and apply this knowledge appropriately
Your skills and experience:
• Experience in selling / promoting protection products
• Excellent and deep understanding of the Intermediary marketplace, RDR, competitors, as well as Intermediary business models, technology, and processes
• Detailed propositional knowledge across the entire range of our client’s products
• Good knowledge of FSA & governance responsibilities
• Ability to deliver a consultative sales process with intermediaries and be able to consult with them about their current and future business needs and integrate our client’s Proposition
• Adapts communication style to the individual needs of intermediaries
• Able to network and successfully build relationships via remote media and face-to-face contact and be able to demonstrate consultative engagement
• Have effective personal and business organisational and planning skills with a proven ability to think creatively and to innovate
• Be self-motivated, goal orientated and resilient in a high-pressure environment
In return for your skills, our client is offering an attractive salary of £40,000 – £50,000 dependent upon experience plus commission (OTE £16,000) and a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle. You will receive a company car or car allowance, a 9% bonus, rewards share, healthcare, 12% pension and 25 days holiday. Our client is also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone. As part of our client’s commitment to charity, they also offer employees three volunteering days per year.
Tagged as: Accounting & Finance, Banking, Executive Management, Financial Services, HR, GA & Facilities, Insurance, IT, Legal, Real Estate & Insurance, Sales, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain Management