Benefits: Car allowance, laptop, mobile, pension (after 3 months service), death in service (4 x salary), incapacity benefit, parking, shower facilities, buying, selling and carrying forward holiday, onsite restaurant.
Overview of Role;
The Business Development Manager is the face of the company, and will therefore be responsible for attending speculative meetings with prospects and formal presentation meetings in order to develop relationships and increase revenue opportunities for the company.
The Business Development Manager should have gravitas and be tenacious in work ethic, forward-thinking, organised and results orientated.
The BDM will also have overriding responsibility for delivering value added solutions to prospective clients, managing the smooth negotiations of the contracts and overseeing the structured implementation of the new business relationship into the business; ensuring the highest standards of professionalism are exhibited at all times.
The Business Development Manager will employ all avenues for prospecting, including cold calling, working through references, etc. to ensure that the required number of meetings are attained and conducted.
In addition, The BDM will work closely with the Account Managers to ensure that existing company accounts are handed across in an efficient manner whilst ensuring the clients receive the highest levels of service and product delivery to ensure contract renewal.
The BDM will oversee that all opportunities are investigated within each prospective client, and that the correct stakeholders in each account opportunity are aware of the range of services that the company provides in order to secure additional streams of revenue.
– Management and acquisition of client accounts.
– Generating leads by cold calling and networking.
– Engaging with prospects to investigate and understand the issues they face.
– Develop an in-depth knowledge of the wider risk and security industries to enable a very consultative approach in their dealings with prospects and clients, and to be considered an “expert” in their field.
– Identify opportunities for company’s core business propositions.
– Identify other areas and opportunities that may not currently fall under company’s core business offering, and bring them to the company’s attention.
– Attend both speculative and formal meetings with prospects and clients to build relationships and develop business revenue opportunities.
– Write and develop compelling client specific proposals.
– Close business based on a mutually agreeable set of expectations.
Key Performance Indicators;
– Closed business generated.
– Value of pipeline.
– Number of new contacts identified and relationships established.
– Number of meetings conducted.
– Profitability of client accounts.
– Total values of revenue within new client accounts.
– Client satisfaction.
Knowledge and Experience;
– Experience of operating in a business services sales environment ideally solutions and or consulting sales.
– Graduate or graduate calibre.
– Managing the client cycle from targeting and engagement through to pitch and delivery.
– Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining executive-level relationships.
– Flexibility in approach and open to international travel.
– Strong communication, organisation and presentation skills and the ability to work autonomously.
– A self-starter, motivated by the opportunity to deliver client solutions and enjoy the monetary returns.
– A strategic thinker; able to conceive and execute sector development plans.
– Excellent relationship management skills with a track record of developing long-term client partnerships.
– Reporting skills.
For more information, or to apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on 01202 298360 today.