Our client is offering a generous benefits package consisting of a 10% Bonus, Flex work, Car parking, Full healthcare, 25 days holiday + 10 bank holiday + 12% Pension, 4x Death in service, Income protection.
Our client is one of the world’s leading Financial Providers, operating on a global basis; they have around 55,000 employees serving customers in over 170 countries. This is an exciting opportunity to join our client as a Financial Reporting Manager.
This is an ideal opportunity for an accountant to gain experience in an offshore life business.
Reporting to the FAR Controller, the main responsibility is for the management of members of the Financial Reporting Team. This includes responsibility for some statutory and group reporting requirements. Also, reviewing all regulatory returns to ensure that they comply with the Regulations in the different jurisdictions.
This role may be suited to those with an audit background wishing to apply their existing skills in a new environment, while at the same time expanding their knowledge and experience of the industry.
• Manage the production of group reporting requirements
• Manage the production of Branch regulatory returns including Branch financial statements
• Manage the production of Board reporting and other internal reporting requirements as necessary
• Input into the preparation of business plans for group companies.
• The prime point of contact for external auditors.
• Drive improvements in financial reporting needed to meet the changing demands of regulators and auditors
• Maintenance of robust control environment in accordance with the SOX framework
• Provide technical input into business projects, as required.
Your skills and experience:
• Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA), with 1 to 5 years PQE.
• Technically up to date with accounting standards, in particular, IFRS, with the ability to investigate technical accounting issues and present findings in a logical, structured way, making sound recommendations.
• Experience gained from working for or auditing of Life insurance companies would be particularly beneficial.
• Experience in an industry standard accounting software (eg SAP).
• Highly organised and detail orientated
• Strong management skills, with proven ability to develop and inspire others to perform at their best
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a natural ability to work effectively with Finance colleagues, those from other departments and external parties.
• A positive approach to work and meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver results within agreed deadlines, and work effectively under pressure whilst maintaining a high emphasis on quality.
• Ability to make decisions within defined limits.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
In return, our client is offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. Our client is committed to continuous improvement and they offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. As well as this they have moved into our brand new bespoke, state-of-the-art headquarters where they have free on-site car parking.
If you feel this role would be right for you then please contact a member of our team today either by phone on 01202 298 360 or send your CV to email@example.com
We are specialist Insurance recruiters, currently recruiting for a Personal Lines Sales/Customer Service Advisor to join one of the UK’s...Apply For This Job