We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Advisor to join our client, a leading insurance company based on the Isle of Man.
Role: Legal Advisor
£45,000 – £65,000 DOE + benefits
The Legal Advisor role is an expansive and varied role, responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating legal, regulatory and corporate governance risks to enable our client’s business to achieve strategic and commercial goals in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to protect and preserve our clients tangible and intangible assets.
• Promote the practice of our client’s organisational values, ethical and responsible business conduct.
• Contribute towards the support of the Company Secretariat (including organisation of board/board committee meetings, statutory meetings, board reviews and renewals, training and support of Directors).
• Address potential conflicts between management and legal entity view by either aligning the two views or by actively identifying and managing the divergence.
• Advise the business on laws and regulation related to the full range of insurance and non-insurance related commercial activities, from sourcing, data protection to human resources.
• Work with senior colleagues to manage relationships and interactions with insurance regulators. Support management in developing open and transparent relationships with these stakeholders which is consistent with the organisation values and compliant with the spirit and the letter of the law.
• Guide and advise the organisation on developing and maintaining an adequate and transparent corporate governance system of principles, policies, procedures, and clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure they are in line with applicable laws and regulations and enable effective and timely decision making.
• Actively monitor and report on legal trends and laws allowing for timely anticipation of new requirements and their potential impact on the organisation as well as the preparation of appropriate responses. Ensure alignment with Compliance to prevent activity overlaps.
• Assist with implementing the strategy for structuring, negotiating and resolving local legal issues of trading and corporate transactions to enable the business to operate effectively while protecting our client’s assets.
• In collaboration with the Mergers & Acquisitions legal team provide legal advice to address and manage local legal issues and regulatory requirements in relation to a proposed corporate transaction.
• Guide the business in relation to insurance laws and regulation along the business value chain, from licensing, product development, compliance with regulatory obligations, through to re-insurance, thereby supporting the business to achieve its strategic and commercial goals.
• Coach and provide technical advice and counsel within and outside the operating unit.
Your Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree preferred.
• Attorney-at-Law or qualified solicitor or barrister, or adequate qualification
• Effective Communication
• Insurance Legal and Regulatory Experience of at least two years, in a substantial law firm or insurance/reinsurance company – ideally with experience of life insurance in an international setting
• Problem Solving
• Corporate Functions Legal Management
• Financial Transactions Legal Management
In return, our client is offering an attractive salary of £45,000 – £56,000 dependent on experience, 9% bonus, reward share, healthcare, 25 days holiday + 10 Isle of Man Bank Holidays, 12% pension, car or car allowance and flexible benefits. As well as this our client has moved into their brand new bespoke, state – of – the art headquarters where they have free on-site parking.
If you feel this role is right for you then please contact a member of our team today on 01202 298 360 or send your CV to email@example.com